Meeting updates...

Jason Shein jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu May 5 12:25:40 UTC 2005

On May 4, 2005 10:55 pm, Anthony de Boer wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
> > One of the points that was emphasised at the meeting was (for legal
> > reasons (i.e. avoid conflict with the Toledo Linux User Group)) that we
> > away from TLUG to GTALUG (i.e. Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group).
>
> I can't see that being necessary, when the other group isn't even in the
> same country.  And what about Linux users in Tokyo, Turin, and other
> such cities?  It's inevitable that there be more than a few TLUGs around
> the world.
>
> Note that a GTALUG already exists, or existed, with Thamer and others
> forming it after Jan cast him out of paradise.
>
> Finally, such a name change does very much change the focus of the group,
> from one centred in the city itself to one centered in a much larger
> area; you may have to deal with calls to move out closer to the 905ers
> (which would have once been nice, but my job is moving to within walking
> distance of the present location).  Granted, the NewTLUG meetings are
> out at IBM already.

Just a question out of curiosity while I watch the continuing thread here. Why
are you not considering tolug "Toronto Ontario Linux User Group" ?

A google search of this already points to the tlug toronto linux user group.
http://www.google.ca/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=tolug+linux&btnG=Search&meta=

Just seems like an easier switch to me.

My 2 cents.

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca