Meeting updates...

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Thu May 5 15:05:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Jason Shein wrote:

> Just a question out of curiosity while I watch the continuing thread here. Why
> are you not considering tolug "Toronto Ontario Linux User Group" ?

Since Linux will spread, eventually that will be contested too. A
solution: apply a country.region.town.organisation naming scheme. That
would be, in domain name order:

lug.tor.ca (or lug.tor.on.ca)

Which could be spelled out as '(The) Linux User Group of Toronto, Canada' .
Then you could have nlug.tor.ca (New ...) etc. No more contention. Also
very search-engine-friendly.

$0.002
Peter