[OT] Routing?

Kevin Cozens kcozens-qazKcTl6WRFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 27 20:10:18 UTC 2005

phil wrote:
> She has her own domain with mail and web site handled by
> the "other" ISP.  She absolutely doesn't want business e-mail to look as
> if it's coming from a Rogers account rather than her business domain.
> And if they stop her from using other SMTP services, I'm expecting they
> might treat non-Rogers sending addresses as spoof attempts.

Now I remember the (or one of the) problems I had sending mail to my other
ISP's SMTP server. The other server wouldn't allow inbound mail to its SMTP
port which was to be forwarded to someone outside their domains when I was
connected via Rogers since the other server saw it as an attempt to use
them as a mail relay.

Marcus Brubaker wrote:
 > That's good to know.  I was worrying because of the following quote
 > from a FAQ on their site: 'Please make sure that you have entered your
 > Rogers Yahoo! Mail Address as the "From" address in your email client.
 > You will not be able to send mail if you have entered another address.'

I have also never had a problem sending out mail via Rogers with an
identify or from address which is the e-mail address of my other ISP account.

--
Cheers!

Packet:ve3syb at ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na|  Try to assimilate the world!"