[OT] Routing?

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 28 18:06:02 UTC 2005

On 6/27/05, phil <phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> That's good to know.  I was worrying because of the following quote
> from a FAQ on their site: 'Please make sure that you have entered your
> Rogers Yahoo! Mail Address as the "From" address in your email client.
> You will not be able to send mail if you have entered another address.'

I run all of my mail through Roger's SMTP server as well (yay
smarthost config in postfix!) and have no problems setting the From
header to my own domain.  I wonder if the text above refers to an
e-mail client which can't differentiate between authentication
credentials and the From header.
i.e. I send mail in mutt with "From: x at y.z", but my smarthost
configuration specifies username A with password B on SMTP server C.
(where x, y, z, A, B, and C are all different values)

--
taa
/*eof*/