[OT] Routing?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 27 20:52:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 12:53:21PM -0400, phil wrote

> The basic problem is that she just wants to use Rogers as an
> Internet access point.  She has her own domain with mail and web site
> handled by the "other" ISP.  She absolutely doesn't want business
> e-mail to look as if it's coming from a Rogers account rather than
> her business domain.

  If she's worried about email with Rogers headers, I have news for
you... Rogers was probably showing up in the headers when she sent
emails "the old way".  Her home IP address would show up as the machine
that her domain's smtp server got the email from.  The only way around
that would be for her to ssh into the domain server (assuming it's
allowed), and run pine/elm/mutt/whatever from there.

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca