Detecting handheld devices

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 20 17:50:56 UTC 2005

actually, you're right. I didn't even think to just look in the http
headers

good luck ;-)

>>> devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org 6/20/05 1:43:36 pm >>>
Hey,

Thanks guys, that is a good link.  Tells me exactly where too look.  I
would much rather be able to check on the server then to check through
javascript after the page loads.

Later

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 13:36 -0400, Taavi Burns wrote:
> On 6/20/05, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Devin Whalen wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to detect if someone goes to your website
using a
> > > pda or a handheld device?  When I go to www.ibm.com/ on a
wireless
> > > scanner device ibm automatically redirects me to
> > > http://wireless.ibm.com/us/ .  Can you detect this in Apache?
Any help

http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/support/documentation/technical_notes/clientdevice.htm

--
Devin Whalen
Programmer

Take back the Web with FireFox....a browser you can trust
www.getfirefox.com

   .-.
   /v\    L   I   N   U   X
  // \\