Detecting handheld devices

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 20 17:41:38 UTC 2005

I believe you need to look into the JS domain for this one. It will be
under

UserAgent
AppName
AppVersion
Platform

Should be pretty well defined in any JavaScript howto.

~/Chris

>>> devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org 6/20/05 11:49:40 am >>>
Hey,

Does anyone know how to detect if someone goes to your website using a
pda or a handheld device?  When I go to www.ibm.com/ on a wireless
scanner device ibm automatically redirects me to
http://wireless.ibm.com/us/ .  Can you detect this in Apache?  Any
help
would be appreciated, even just a link to a good site.

Thanks.

--
Devin Whalen
Programmer

Take back the Web with FireFox....a browser you can trust
www.getfirefox.com

   .-.
   /v\    L   I   N   U   X
  // \\