Detecting handheld devices

Devin Whalen devin-Gq53QDLGkWIleAitJ8REmdBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 20 18:18:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 13:50 -0400, Chris Friedt wrote:
> actually, you're right. I didn't even think to just look in the http
> headers
>
> good luck ;-)

This is what I get though:
HTTP ACCEPT:*/*
USER_AGENT:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320)

Http Accept is useless.  I guess I will just have to grep the USER_AGENT
for Windows CE, that is all we are dealing with right now, but it is not
what I was hoping for.  Oh well, I can at least get it too work.  I just
hope my client doesn't change devices any time soon :(.

Later

--
Devin Whalen
Programmer

Take back the Web with FireFox....a browser you can trust
www.getfirefox.com

   .-.
   /v\    L   I   N   U   X
  // \\