Daniel Robbins hired by M$

bob fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 14 15:51:14 UTC 2005

This new "hire and silence" strategy on the part of Microsoft actually stands
a good chance of slowing the open source movement.     In reality it is a
small variation on their embrace and extend practices of time gone past.

Like it or not the life blood of our open source movement rests with the
independent developers who create the stuff in the first place.

Microsoft certainly has the $ to "hire and silence" a great deal of the key
people in the open source movement if it truely wanted to.      The fact is
that they wouldn't have to hire very many to make the strategy effective ...
they would just have to poach some key people.

Can't fault those who take Microsoft up on their offers either ... all
developers have to eat ... and why should lawyers be the only ones making any
money.

bob