Draft installfest flyer

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 28 19:06:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 02:30:13PM -0400, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
>You are right.. this is a Linux installfest. I apologize for imposing my
>*BSD Bigoted ways. I won't in the future.

It's not an unworthy suggestion, but Linux is so much more fragmented
(in terms of distributions) than *BSDs that there is enough overhead
installing just the Linux kernel-based OSes.

>But.... coming from the Caribbean I was a part of the (small)Linux user
>group there but they were very open (pun!) to FreeBSD and other free OSES
>(*BSD, Darwin etc).

You'll probably find that here too - it's just that this particular
event is pretty focused.

>I can't even find an active *BSD user group anywhere in the GTA... :(. So I
>usually end up *lurking* around a Linux user group..

GTABUG used to exist - it may have recently fallen off the web, but if
you poke around you can usually find out when they meet - at a pizza
restaurant, last I looked.

>Even the UNIX Unanimous group doesn't seem to be that active.

It's summertime.  Things are generally quieter on the list, because
you can go outside without freezing to death.
--

yours,

William