The Screamin' Firefox Blues

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 22 23:54:35 UTC 2005

You say you have an NVIDIA board. Have you tried the proprietary
nforce drivers from nvidia.com? They'll taint your kernel but IIRC
they enable hardware mixing (while the standard snd-intel8x0 driver
does not).

On 7/22/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Or you could get an emu10kX card that allows at least 32 programs to use
> sound at the same time with no software mixing. :)
Seconded. I got a Sound Blaster Live! Value for $15 (but you can
probably find a better deal). Free, native drivers from the vendor.
It's too bad that software mixing isn't very mature in ALSA. I wanted
to be able to use Teamspeak while playing Diablo 2 (which runs great
in stock WINE if you're looking for a cheap multiplayer game) and ALSA
software mixing wouldn't allow me to record and play sound at the same
time!

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/