Routing frustrations (fixed)

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 21 04:29:11 UTC 2005

> After trying from some other linux boxes I found the problem, but
> didn't make the connection until later.  My workstations and test
> boxes are on a different subnet.  (/me slaps forehead)

Sorry - "are on a different subnet" should be "are on different subnets."

And besides my brain not working, my testing wasn't very thorough:

The problem would've been apparent if I'd ping'd the workstations from
the router.  The boxes I did ping (production & test machines) were in
the correct subnet.  Taking the shortcut and skipping my workstations
turned my head into spaghetti.  lol.

--
- SGE