Routing frustrations (fixed)

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 21 03:32:15 UTC 2005

On 7/20/05, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> So what was the problem?

Mostly me.  I hate days like this... and I hate Murphy.

The machines I'd been testing with were not on the subnet specified in
the router config.

After trying from some other linux boxes I found the problem, but
didn't make the connection until later.  My workstations and test
boxes are on a different subnet.  (/me slaps forehead)

There are a bunch of reasons why I need to sit with our m$ folks
though...  We're going through a few infrastructure changes (gotta
love takeovers, eh?) and a serious deadline is approaching.  It's been
a busy year.

On top of that, I need to get a better handle on m$ policies and
administration.  I want to understand the range of implications they
present to a mixed network.

Unfortunately, I didn't get into sysadmin stuff until after moving to
linux - at which point I forgot about Windows being anything other
than a toy or a platform for proprietary thinking.  Net result is I
don't know it well enough.

O well.  Another day, another $0.37 (minus all applicable taxes of course. ;-)

--
- SGE