Samba Problems

Adam Raymond streetsmart2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 7 21:23:14 UTC 2005

On 7/7/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Which version of windows?
>
> Are you logged into windows as a user with a password and does that
> username/password match what you set with smbpasswd?  If so it should
> jsut work, if they don't match it will ask.  If the username doesn't
> match and you a using an older version of windows, it will just fail
> without asking for the new username, while most of the time the NT based
> systems tend to ask (but even they sometimes fail to).
>
> Of course, usernames with spaces in them (which windows allows) causes
> no end of trouble.

Im on Windows XP Pro and I do have a user (with admin privs) but no
password is set. I made a network connection,  and that works, but I
dont want that. I want to view all computers in the workgroup, and
access shares that way. However, thats when I get the error that I
dont have enough privs to view the workgroup.

--
- Adam Raymond