Samba Problems

Ansar Mohammed ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 8 01:33:24 UTC 2005

If you can access the server through IP address but not hostname you need to
add the Linux machine in your DNS or WINS.
In addition you need to define your machine name in the global options.
Try this:

[global]
Workgroup = HOME
Netbios name = <insert your netbios name here>

Try using swat or testparm they can help you out allot.