TLUG's value to community ???

G. Matthew Rice matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 7 13:13:32 UTC 2005

Pavel Zaitsev <pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org> writes:
> Also such wranglings I think should be taken off the list between people
> who really care about which direction GTALUG is going.
>
> Say Matthew, why don't you suggest what are the good things for GTALUG
> to spend these money on to Bill & Exec.?

I'd love to.  However, there are a couple of problems:

1. Who is the exec of GTALUG?  I can only guess that it's Brockway, Thanis
   Browne and ???.  Still no official anything from anyone on GTALUG.
   Someone just started showing up and asking for money.

2. I heard a "rumour" that only paying members of GTALUG have a say in the
   AGM and voting and other stuff.  Again no knowledge of how the this
   whole process/incorp is being managed.

I really don't think that it is the responsibility of the members of TLUG,
NewTLUG, ... to hunt down these guys and get clarification.  It should be the
exact opposite.

Regards,
--
g. matthew rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>           starnix, toronto, ontario, ca
phone: 647.722.5301 x242                                  gpg id: EF9AAD20