TLUG's value to community ???

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 7 02:57:12 UTC 2005

> In fact, I think that IBM has asked them to stop the membership drive at the
> IBM meeting location for NewTLUG until such information comes forth.
>
> Hope this clarifies the question.  It probably raises many more, though ;)

Hopelessly corrupt atmosphere in Toronto, not the only city itself
( which is more or less bankrupt ) , as I was told, forces GTALUG to
collect money so it can afford things that in most other places are free
( especially for groups such as GTALUG ) . Such as probably GTALUG's own
projector, since free semi-legal facilities rarely have such luxuries.
GTALUG is not a biz, but a non-profit organization. Money from
membership fees will go straight for little bits of stuff people paid
out of the pocket for. At the VLUG such things weren't a problem, here
it seems every trivial bit had to be fought for tooth and nail.

Trivial bits of stuff like printing fliers , buying stands for them and
distributing them among mom and pop computer shop would be one of the
ways to spend such money.
Its so that for these tiny tasks there won't be need to go and hunt for
sponsor every
time. Heck there can be open accounting of things money is spent on...

Projector would be a good investment, IMO if there will be more than one
corporate sponsor for such things.

Also such wranglings I think should be taken off the list between people
who really care about which direction GTALUG is going.

Say Matthew, why don't you suggest what are the good things for GTALUG
to spend these money on to Bill & Exec.?

Best regards,
Pavel