1 Year Linux Contract with PegaSoft

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 19 04:19:56 UTC 2005

On January 18, 2005 12:12 pm, Ken O. Burtch wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 08:55, G. Matthew Rice wrote:
> > "Ken O. Burtch" <kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > >             (An RFP document will be made available at the next
> > >             PegaSoft meeting covering the specifics.)
> >
> > kudos on the gig.
>
> Thanks, Matt.  Nice to see things moving in a positive direction.
>
> > BTW, are you asking got a proposal for the job or for the
> > application?
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  I've visited the client, scoped out
> the project and prepared a 12 page RFP.  We'll present the RFP on
> Thursday and see who is interested.  They can submit proposals for the
> project--in part, an exercise to make sure that they understand the
> project.  If we get multiple proposals, we'll sort through them and
> choose one.  They will be working as part of the PegaSoft team for the
> duration of the project.  We cannot commit to full-time employment until
> we see how this first project pans out.
>
> The important thing is not to let this new opportunity to get away.  I
> am anticipating additional contracts later this year and this is an
> opportunity for people to decide if they want to work with PegaSoft and
> its semi-LUG ideology.  Hopefully we will be able to use this
> opportunity to raise Linux awareness in schools throughout Ontario.  I'd
> love to have the opportunity to start installing Linux in the classroom,
> especially after the Ontario government announced last fall that they
> were installing StarOffice in schools.

Please (please!) send me a link for this annoucement.

I am a teacher in a French speaking board (CSDCSO www.csdcso.on.ca).
If you have seen my few posts along the years, I aspire to work fully with
Linux in the classroom. Each term I hope I get closer to this. And now I feel
even much closer. (But no money can be invested by the board.)

Your project is interesting. Of course I'd like to participate though I don't
see how.

What we are doing now
- use of StarOffice/OOo in all classrooms (that I teach), and at home
- next programming course, the idea is to teach C with Allegro -a
multi-plateform game library- to spice it up a little bit
- dual-boot is being considered

William Park has also an interesting solution. But again, I don't think the
board is ready to spend more.