1 Year Linux Contract with PegaSoft

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 19 15:19:56 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:19:56PM -0500, Marc Lijour wrote:
> Please (please!) send me a link for this annoucement.
>
> I am a teacher in a French speaking board (CSDCSO www.csdcso.on.ca).
> If you have seen my few posts along the years, I aspire to work fully with
> Linux in the classroom. Each term I hope I get closer to this. And now I feel
> even much closer. (But no money can be invested by the board.)
>
> Your project is interesting. Of course I'd like to participate though I don't
> see how.
>
> What we are doing now
> - use of StarOffice/OOo in all classrooms (that I teach), and at home
> - next programming course, the idea is to teach C with Allegro -a
> multi-plateform game library- to spice it up a little bit

You should look at SDL libraries.  I doubt anything better for game
libraries exist that is cross platform.  I believe all the games ported
to Linux were done using SDL (which Loki originally developed).  It also
works on windows so the same code with some minor changes can be
compiled and run on both unix and windows and I believe even Mac OS X.
DevC++ IDE (free) for windows also has support for it for those that
wish to play on windows instead of linux.

> - dual-boot is being considered
>
> William Park has also an interesting solution. But again, I don't think the
> board is ready to spend more.

Lennart Sorensen