1 Year Linux Contract with PegaSoft

Ken O. Burtch kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 18 17:12:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 08:55, G. Matthew Rice wrote:
> "Ken O. Burtch" <kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:
> >             (An RFP document will be made available at the next
> >             PegaSoft meeting covering the specifics.)
>
> kudos on the gig.

Thanks, Matt.  Nice to see things moving in a positive direction.

> BTW, are you asking got a proposal for the job or for the
> application?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  I've visited the client, scoped out
the project and prepared a 12 page RFP.  We'll present the RFP on
Thursday and see who is interested.  They can submit proposals for the
project--in part, an exercise to make sure that they understand the
project.  If we get multiple proposals, we'll sort through them and
choose one.  They will be working as part of the PegaSoft team for the
duration of the project.  We cannot commit to full-time employment until
we see how this first project pans out.

The important thing is not to let this new opportunity to get away.  I
am anticipating additional contracts later this year and this is an
opportunity for people to decide if they want to work with PegaSoft and
its semi-LUG ideology.  Hopefully we will be able to use this
opportunity to raise Linux awareness in schools throughout Ontario.  I'd
love to have the opportunity to start installing Linux in the classroom,
especially after the Ontario government announced last fall that they
were installing StarOffice in schools.

Good things are happening.

KB