New/old programming language making a splash

Peter Hiscocks phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 24 20:18:06 UTC 2005

The same description applies to Tcl/Tk, with the difference that Python is
object-oriented from the ground up and Tcl/Tk is not. I've found Tcl/Tk very
useful for interaction with electronic hardware and I've heard that it's
used to generate scripts for test equipment for semiconductor parts.

Peter

> As far as I can tell, a lot of people in the scientific communities like
> python for scripting, since it is quite standardized, clean language,
> lots of features, and it can be extended by C by a hired programmer to
> implement a handy routine to process a chunk of data fast with the
> scrip[t providing the data.
>
> Lennart Sorensen

Peter D. Hiscocks
Ryerson University,