New/old programming language making a splash

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 24 20:56:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 03:18:06PM -0500, Peter Hiscocks wrote:
> The same description applies to Tcl/Tk, with the difference that Python is
> object-oriented from the ground up and Tcl/Tk is not. I've found Tcl/Tk very
> useful for interaction with electronic hardware and I've heard that it's
> used to generate scripts for test equipment for semiconductor parts.

Yeah tcl/tk does work for that.  And you can link it together with C
functions that you can activate based on events from tk/tcl.  I never
did like the syntax though.  Bleagh!  Always seems the syntax was not
what I thought it should be at any given point.  Could be worse though.
Could have been intercal. :)

Personally I really do intend to get around to learning python rather
than just looking at other people's pretty code.

Lennart Sorensen