Fedora2 -> Fedora3

Alan Cohen alan-QVObF66B6qeOg/Yh5kgvkFaTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 10 13:52:45 UTC 2005

By comparison to others on this list, I'm still a newbie. I've been
happily using Fedora2 and have regularly kept it current with yum.

I didn't realize that each Fedora release has a very limited life time.
I'm not interested in bleeding edge. Frankly, I'm principally concerned
with security fixes.
  - how will I know when it's time to upgrade from Fedora2 to Fedora3?
  - how do I do that?

My regular "yum update" has been relatively benign, but I presume that
upgrading to a new release is not to be taken lightly! Advice?

--
Sincerely,
Alan Cohen alan-bdq14YP6qtTV+N59fa8YiVaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org voice: 416-783-9826