FOSS and the election

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 18:02:44 UTC 2005

On 12/22/05, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> NDP doesn't say anything as a party, but are running one candidate in
> Manitoba who lists "FOSS advocate" in his bio:
> http://www.ndp.ca/mathieuallard/welcome
Gary Dale (http://www.ndp.ca/garydale/welcome) runs Debian on his
desktop and laptop and always seems up to date on the goings-on in the
Free software world. Also, I believe that the ONDP is no longer
purchasing Microsoft software and is trying to migrate to Free
projects where feasible (but don't quote me on that!) I don't know if
Gary lurks on this list, but I can certainly ask him about that.

It's nice to see the Conservatives using PHP but I'd be surprised if
any of the three parties put much more thought into it than, "We have
to find a company that can make us a nice website." On the other hand,
I'm sure that a visiting Gates or Ballmer would receive a much warmer
welcome from a Conservative or Liberal PM than a New Democrat or
Green.

Mike
--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web