TLUG vs. GTALUG

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 8 00:05:31 UTC 2005

On 12/7/05, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org <billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > What purpose does the "executive" serve, as it differs from the
> > "board?"  Thanks.
> >
> Well we seem to have split the group formally into three: The Board - those elected officials that run the club; the executive, these are appointed by the board. They are Drew - president, Seneca - secretary, Chris - treasurer. I believe Herb has a title I can't remember at the moment; and finally leaders - those are all those people that do stuff for the club. I'm one of those at the moment, Joe, Leah, Colin are the others without a title that show up regularly. Colin at the moment is handling the Real World Linux stuff. There are a few people that I believe would be called leaders but never show up to the meetings.
>
> I'm not completely certain if the meeting is now open or closed because I'm no longer on the board.

Thanks Bill.  If the board could clarify this last bit for me then
I'll be content:

#1 - If the exec meetings are still open enough for me to return after
several months hiatus, I would really like to do so...  The single
most valuable thing I can see for me as a member to provide to GTALUG,
would be in interfacing with the CSIA (see below) - but I would like
it to be "officially" recognized.

#2 - I posted an item recently under the subject line "CSIA -- an
invitation from CIPPIC, EFF, and Bob Young (fwd)" but have heard
nothing as yet.  If the board/executive is interested, I'm prepared to
present my arguments at the next executive meeting.

I had wanted to run for the board in September, but I couldn't commit
the time and effort such a position deserves.  On top of that, I
didn't really expect many votes since, by far, the bulk of the 1000+
members on this list really don't know much about me, so why would
they want to vote for me?  I'd be (really) happy at this point with a
non-board, but productive position, within the incorporated "Greater
Toronto Area Linux Users Group Organization".

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com