TLUG vs. GTALUG

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 23:25:59 UTC 2005

> Speaking of which, (and sincerest apologies in advance) Bill, can we
> clarify exactly what the "executive" is?  Following LW2005, the
> executive meeting was "open" in the sense that it was publicly
> advertised as being open to all, and about 20 of us or so showed up...
>  It was stated at that meeting that these people would form "the
> executive," but in subsequent meetings many did not show up.  I'm
> guilty of that as well in the last few months.
>
> What purpose does the "executive" serve, as it differs from the
> "board?"  Thanks.

Well we seem to have split the group formally into three: The Board - those elected officials that run the club; the executive, these are appointed by the board. They are Drew - president, Seneca - secretary, Chris - treasurer. I believe Herb has a title I can't remember at the moment; and finally leaders - those are all those people that do stuff for the club. I'm one of those at the moment, Joe, Leah, Colin are the others without a title that show up regularly. Colin at the moment is handling the Real World Linux stuff. There are a few people that I believe would be called leaders but never show up to the meetings.

I'm not completely certain if the meeting is now open or closed because I'm no longer on the board.

Bill