TLUG vs. GTALUG

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 22:58:31 UTC 2005

On 12/7/05, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org <billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Generally the only major difference between the old organization and the new one is a fee of $20 a year collected for membership. The main complaint is asking what is the money to be used for. Presently the money is used for very little and is kept in a bank.

As a paid member who's attended a few executive meetings, I can say
that I'm satisfied with the boards handling of membership $$ since the
LinuxWorld 2005 membership drive, having seen first-hand banking
information at these meetings.

Speaking of which, (and sincerest apologies in advance) Bill, can we
clarify exactly what the "executive" is?  Following LW2005, the
executive meeting was "open" in the sense that it was publicly
advertised as being open to all, and about 20 of us or so showed up...
 It was stated at that meeting that these people would form "the
executive," but in subsequent meetings many did not show up.  I'm
guilty of that as well in the last few months.

What purpose does the "executive" serve, as it differs from the
"board?"  Thanks.

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com