Suse 10 repositories

Ken Burtch kburtch-Zd07PnzKK1IAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 14:07:45 UTC 2005

SuSE 10 indeed has a number of packages missing from the DVDs.  Some of
these are for licensing reasons (OpenSuSE is GPL), others...well, for
unknown reasons.  If you follow the instructions at the Jem Report
(http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/) you should be
able to find most/all the missing packages.

For a review of OpenSUSE and a discussion on the missing packages, read
my blog at http://www.pegasoft.ca/coder/coder_november_2005.html.

Hope that helps.
Ken B.

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 19:19 -0500, Merv Curley wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 17:48, ted leslie wrote:
> > When you figure it out, let me know too,
> > I too couldn't figure it out,
> >
> > i downloaded the DVD iso image and mounted it (-o loop)
> > on my HD and directed Yast to that, just to get my standard ability to
> > add packages in the 10.0 distro.
> >
> > i just upgraded to 10.0 and havnt had time to figure out what SUSE
> > changed since the 9.X days, but they did something. Maybe the mirrors
> > dont have much stuff yet for support of 10.0?
> >
> > -tl
> >

> No all the new stuff is there, just being able to use Yast is my problem.  I
> have had success adding other repositories,  the only one that has been a
> problem is supplementary.  I have added Java, flash, MPlayer, etc from
> others but now I am stuck.  I know there are other Suse users here,  we'll
> get help.

Ken O. Burtch                                     Phone: 905-562-0848
Author "Linux Shell Scripting with Bash"            Fax: 905-562-0848
http://www.pegasoft.ca                            Email: ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org