Suse 10 repositories

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 7 14:03:23 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 19:53, Phil Kay wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 19:19 -0500, Merv Curley wrote:
> > No all the new stuff is there, just being able to use Yast is my
> > problem.  I have had success adding other repositories,  the only one
> > that has been a problem is supplementary.  I have added Java, flash,
> > MPlayer, etc from others but now I am stuck.  I know there are other
> > Suse users here,  we'll get help.
>
> I'm using OpenSuSE and adding a repository was okay. My first problem
> was using a mirror that didn't have a complete collection.
>
> This page has a list of opensuse mirrors and links to the repositories:
> http://www.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Released_Version

I used Konq. to check the the repository and KDE 3.5 is there, but Yast will
not accept the directory list that I enter.  It is exactly as per
instructions at the Novell site and what I use in Konq.  I will keep
trying.

The process is almost like the Debian '/apt/sources.list'  which I am very
familiar with.  A mistyped letter and one is doomed to failure.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can

SuSE 10