Suse 10 repositories

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 8 02:18:53 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 09:07, Ken Burtch wrote:
> SuSE 10 indeed has a number of packages missing from the DVDs.  Some of
> these are for licensing reasons (OpenSuSE is GPL), others...well, for
> unknown reasons.  If you follow the instructions at the Jem Report
> (http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/) you should be
> able to find most/all the missing packages.
>
> For a review of OpenSUSE and a discussion on the missing packages, read
> my blog at http://www.pegasoft.ca/coder/coder_november_2005.html.

Thanks for the two links, interesting reading especially your problems.

I have added the repositories and installed the programs listed in the Jem
report. All that with no problem. What I am having a problem with is adding
the 'supplementary' repository.

ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/ ,  similar at mirrors.

If you want the new KDE stuff add KDE/update_for_10.0/  That was the format
that worked for the basic things, including a Packman mirror. I tried that,
Yast wouldn't accept it.

I found this site, where Novell give 9.2 instructions in a detailed
'how-to' .

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/11504.html

For supplementary it seems you need to add ' yast-source ' as well.  That
directory seems to be there,  but Yast still won't accept the URL from me.

If you have time could you give this a try?  When you are successful,  the
KDE 3.5 update is available.  There seems to be a lot of stuff in the
'Gnome' directory if that is your preference.

Merv

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can