TLUG and government grants

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 6 06:54:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:20:30AM -0500, Scott Elcomb wrote:
> > > CLUE and I already have our hands full with a major the
> > > not-yet-announced national open source project. In the meantime, There
> > > is plenty of work to be done in other areas -- but first GTALUG needs
> > > some vision and it needs to show some leadership if it's to play a
> > > valuable role in the community (let alone attract significant membership).
> >
> > Evan, it seems that you have enough vision and insight for rest of us.
> > I'll defer those things to you.  I wish you good sailing on your
> > national open source project.  Write us time to time.
>
> Pls don't forget that Evan was also instrumental in the development of
> NewTLUG.  While there is some form of seperation between the "SIG"s of
> TLUG, we should try to remain as cohesive as possible...  If it's
> possible to present a unified front...  that's my ultimate dream.  And
> I'm not even from the GTA.

Agreed.  But, it's not helpful to incessantly complain about lack of
5-year plan.  If Evan has vision, then I encourage him to step forward
and carry the ball.  We are member-driven organization.  That means, we
gotta have bodies first, then try to coordinate.  Plans will change as
circumstances change.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell