Serial connector stuck to computer

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 30 04:36:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 06:31:36PM -0400, Joseph Kubik wrote
> Err, so the screws came out fine, but the connector was still stuck?
> If so, not using the screws is beside the point.

  I didn't make myself clear.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  To
avoid attachments to this list, I've uploaded a small jpeg to my website.
See http://www.waltdnes.org/misc/connector.jpg.  The arrow from the left
points to the top of the thumbscrew.  The arrow from the bottom points
to the small connector screw that holds the serial-port cable tightly to
the computer's serial port.  The thumbscrew (left arrow) came off.  The
small connector screw (bottom arrow) was still screwed in.  Merely
pulling was not going to get it out.

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca