Serial connector stuck to computer

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 28 22:31:36 UTC 2005

Err, so the screws came out fine, but the connector was still stuck?
If so, not using the screws is beside the point.
If you are having corrosion problems, there is a product you can buy
at autoparts stores call "dialectric grease". It does not decrease
conductivity, yet it keeps moisture out.
Good luck,
-Joseph-