Setting up a network and sharing internet

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 18 15:59:26 UTC 2005

On 8/18/05, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > 1. Do I require a "crossover" ethernet cable to connect BOX#2 to BOX#1?
>
> Sharing dialup is no different from sharing DSL or Cable. Box1 is
> gateway of your internal network. For 2 boxes only, you can use
> crossover cable.

Is there a way where I would not require a crossover cable? Can I make my
Linux machine a router, and would that mean I could use a normal ethernet
cable out of the NIC port to run into the laptop?

Thanks.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings [Intelx86/AMD64/PowerPC]
ubuntulinux.org<http://ubuntulinux.org>