Install fest

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 9 14:17:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 07:38:15AM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> While the Installfest is free, you are responsible for paying any parking
> charges.

Perhaps, you should tell them how much for parking, so that they have
sufficient coins.

> - If you wish to bring more than one computer onto which you wish to have
> Linux installed, feel free to do so but be advised that any additional
> installations beyond the first will only be done if time permits.

Not needed.

> - Installations will be done on a first come, first served, best efforts
> basis as time permits with no guarantee of success.

Not needed.

> - Tell us about your level of Linux experience.

Not needed.  They are newbies.

> - Let us know in advance if you have a particular Linux distribution you are
> interested in having installed and we will try to accommodate you.

Not needed.  If we don't have it, we can't install it.

> - Let us know in advance about the chipset, model number, age, or other
> pertinent details about the hardware in your computer, especially graphics
> adapters, wireless network cards, PXE boot capabilities, and SATA
> controllers, if you can. If you can print those details and bring them with
> you to the Installfest, all the better. If possible, search the web for
> Linux compatibility information for your hardware.

Not needed.  It's too much to ask for newbies.

> Bring power cords and manuals for your hardware.

Manual, yes.  But, power cords?  I got few.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell