any suggestions for linux compatible laptop projector remote?

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 17:36:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> Alex Maynard wrote:
>
> Many modern pointers just look to the system like a USB mouse, so as
> long as your X Windows setup can work with a USB mouse you should be
> fine with *most* of these solutions.
>
> I don't know the Targus but I've had good luck with the Gyration mouse
> (expensive, but you can move the pointer just by waving your hand around).
> http://www.gyration.com/ultrapro.htm

I tried running through my slides with just a mouse (pdfs created with
latex and ppower4, which adds bullets). To go to the next bullet/slide
you have to right click and then go down several items, as compared to
just hitting the down arrow or page down key on the key board. That's not
hard, but could be distracting during a presentation. I couldn't tell
whether the Gyration mouse or Targus PAWM001 has the up/down keys or just
the mouse key?

The local computer store sells only the keyspan presentation remote
PR-US2. The don't say anything about linux, but according to at least one page I found
(http://silas.psfc.mit.edu/tp41setup.html#tth_sEc6.8) they can work on
linux without much trouble.  Also it is advertized to work without
software installation in both MAC and recent windows version, which might
be a good sign?  Does any one have any experience with these on linux?

Alex