any suggestions for linux compatible laptop projector remote?

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 15:57:21 UTC 2005

Alex Maynard wrote:

>>I've been using a Targus PAWM001.  Have a review from someone else (
>>http://www.techlore.com/article/10807/ ) I find it is too small for use
>>as a mouse, but it's fine for going forward and back on presentation
>>slides.
>>

>What did you have to do to get this working?  Install software or drivers
>or add a module to/recompile the kernel?  I know this sounds lazy, but I'm
>hoping to find something that isn't too much trouble to get working.
>This one sounded relatively simple (which for a newby like me is good).

Many modern pointers just look to the system like a USB mouse, so as
long as your X Windows setup can work with a USB mouse you should be
fine with *most* of these solutions.

I don't know the Targus but I've had good luck with the Gyration mouse
(expensive, but you can move the pointer just by waving your hand around).
http://www.gyration.com/ultrapro.htm

- Evan