any suggestions for linux compatible laptop projector remote?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 17:38:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 01:36:48PM -0400, Alex Maynard wrote:
> I tried running through my slides with just a mouse (pdfs created with
> latex and ppower4, which adds bullets). To go to the next bullet/slide
> you have to right click and then go down several items, as compared to
> just hitting the down arrow or page down key on the key board. That's not
> hard, but could be distracting during a presentation. I couldn't tell
> whether the Gyration mouse or Targus PAWM001 has the up/down keys or just
> the mouse key?

Well most presentation programs allow left/right click to go back and
forth in the presentation.  PDF is of course NOT meant as a way to do
presentations, but rather as a way to send documents/brochures to people
in a consistent format.

Thinks like openoffice.org and pointless do decent presentation
programs.  The openoffice.org one can certainly generate PDFs if it is
anything like the rest of openoffice, and I suspect pointless is likely
to have some way to generate output from it's presentations too (it iis
a rather neat scriptable system with support for many file types in it).

Lennart Sorensen