free (as in beer): two broken 21" monitors

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 15:51:23 UTC 2005

I have two 21" monitors that are not working and I have demonstrated
to myself that I will never get around to fixing them.  Anyone want
them?  If not, off they go to landfill.

The monitors are near Yonge and York Mills.  We can talk about
transportation.  Email me if you are interested (do not email the list
about this).

Monitor 1:

DEC (remember them?) VRC21-HA
Manufactured 1995 December
Mitsubishi Trinitron-style tube (I think), flat vertically, curved horizontally
Best resolution: 1280x1024 at 72Hz.  See
  http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.sys.dec/2003-08/0014.html
Note: Designed for Alpha workstations; uses BNC connector.
I have a BNC to VGA cable that works with the monitor.
If you actually intend to use the monitor, I would include the cable.
Failure mode: works for a while (30 min?) and then cuts out.

Monitor 2:

Dell Ultrascan P1110
Manufactured 2000 December
Sony Trinitron tube, flat horizontally and vertically.
I used it happily at 1600x1200 at 85Hz for years.
Failure mode:
- picture is getting fuzzy
- vertical retrace lines are showing up
- after a short period, it goes into sleep mode