Thunderbird borked

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 14:23:40 UTC 2005

I'm using Thunderbird 1.0.2 on my laptop (Mandriva 2005) and I am not
experiencing any of these high cpu usage problems. During an email
download usage will temporarily spike by about 10%, but that's all.

Earlier this month, before I switched to Rogers from Sympatico, I was
having all kinds of email problems (which is partly why I switched)
including lock ups / crashes, extremely slow send and receive and
failure to send or receive. At one point near the end I could only
receive in Windows and send in Linux.

It would be interesting to see if your problems are duplicated with
another ISP.

John