weird ghosting of characters in X

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 28 20:30:28 UTC 2005

Matt Price wrote:

<snip>

> a white streak, itslef composed of indiviual whitish lines is
> displayed just to the right of the word there.  You can see an example
> at http://www.derailleur.org/.configfiles/root.png

Looking at your screen cap; I don't see the white streaks you mention.  This
could mean the problem is with your monitor.  Specifically, the gun cut-off.

I wouldn't suggest to the average person to remove the back of their monitor and
start making adjustments gun drives and cut-offs on the neck board.  But if you
can figure out Linux, monitors are a piece of cake right?    *grin*

As a way of checking it's not your X config, why not pop in a Knoppix or other
live cd?

Barring making adjustments under the rear cover, you may be able to minimize the
effect by making adjustments to your Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation levels.

Pat Allen