weird ghosting of characters in X

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 28 20:19:08 UTC 2005

hi folks,

all of a sudden (about 10 minutes ago) my monitor started producing
ghostly echos of the characters it displays.  So, if I type

linux

a white streak, itslef composed of indiviual whitish lines is
displayed just to the right of the word there.  You can see an example
at http://www.derailleur.org/.configfiles/root.png

what a pain!  I'm finding it really hard to see.  I don't see any
errors reported in /var/log/XFree86.0.log -- anyone have any idea what
causes this kind of thing?

thanks,

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094