IRC ????

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 25 20:20:13 UTC 2005

On 4/25/05, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org <billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Its not an official anything. Its one of the things on the to do list that has been put on the back burner because I didn't have time to do it. As I'm going through the list of things still left to do, I came upon "Set up IRC" and asked for a volunteer.
>
> I don't know who would like to use it, but I would like to create it for the purpose making it available.

I don't entirely see the point.  There are three of us with full ops
on the channel.  Freenode's also been pretty stable over the past few
months, and is in the spirit of LUGs.  (see http://www.freenode.net
for details)

I'm also on another IRC network which is run for the benefit of a
small number of users (30-60 if I remember correctly).  It's kind of
annoying to have to deal with administering the smaller network.  The
larger network has more people with administrative ability to fix
things when they do go wrong. :)

--
taa
/*eof*/