Unicode-aware text editor; suggestions?

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 22 14:07:09 UTC 2005

On 4/21/05, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>    I've been very happily using 'nedit' for my so-called coding for some
> time now, despite lacking a couple functions that would otherwise be
> "nice to have". The biggest feature I wish was there was a way to
> collapse blocks (like if/then, while/until, subroutines, etc). That
> isn't what brings me here though...

I know nedit.  It's a great little editor.  I thought that it _did_
support "code folding".  I remember reading it somewhere, but I never
played around with it enough to learn it.  It may be worth your while
to do a bit of documentation hunting to learn how to turn code folding
support on.

--

I too have been on a quest for the perfect text editor.. I've bumped
into many interesting solutions, but I stopped researching for a