Unicode-aware text editor; suggestions?

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 22 15:20:55 UTC 2005

Sy wrote:
> I know nedit.  It's a great little editor.  I thought that it _did_
> support "code folding".  I remember reading it somewhere, but I never
> played around with it enough to learn it.  It may be worth your while
> to do a bit of documentation hunting to learn how to turn code folding
> support on.

   I took another look through the docs (nedit is on my server) and I
couldn't see anything on code folding. There are some interesting things
there, including a command line option to set the langage but no info on
*how* to use the switch. I am looking into that now.

> I too have been on a quest for the perfect text editor.. I've bumped
> into many interesting solutions, but I stopped researching for a
> couple of years.. this thread is quite interesting.  Any other
> recommendations will be nice to hear about.

I'll be happy to pass along what I end up settling on. :)

Madison