logwatch and kernel messages

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 7 14:24:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 09:55:56AM -0400, William O'Higgins wrote:
> What I copied and pasted from a search, without understanding it, is
> this:
>
> /dev/sda1  /mnt/card  vfat  rw,user,noauto,sync,dirsync  0  0

All you really need is 'noatime,noauto'.

> P.S. Maybe such a guide could tell me why my USB key is always
> /dev/sda, but my SD card is always /dev/sda1?

I missed the beginning of this thread.  But your /etc/fstab must match
your USB device.  Try
    fdisk -l
If it shows /dev/sda only, then use /dev/sda.  If it shows /dev/sdaX,
then use that.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
Slackware Linux -- because it works.