Linux World Canada Planning meeting

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 6 17:45:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Robert Brockway wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Colin McGregor wrote:
>
> > - Colin McGregor followed up on the booth and found out that:
> >   - The booth will NOT come with power, getting power will cost over $100.
>
> That is absurd.  At worst it would require running some cables that have
> probably been run for the booth next door anyway.
>
> >      consensus was we could not afford the power bill and that we would run
> > with UPS and laptop PCs.
> >   - No tables/chairs are provided, there is no problem bringing in our own.
> >   - No internet connection will be available.
>
> As far as I'm concerned Internet access and power should be a given.
>
> >   - Our booth number will be #306 to see where we are relative to the rest
> > of the show goto:
> >
> > http://www.linuxworldcanada.com/pdfs/floorplan_linuxworld-networkworld_v2.0.pdf
> >     Consensus was that this was a ok position, and given what we paid this
> > was good stuff.
>
> They made the local LUG pay for a booth?

Just a few more thoughts here.  Quite a few TLUG members including myself
are doing _volunteer_ work at the show and they are making TLUG pay for a
booth and want to make it pay for power?

Have you pointed out to them how supportive TLUG is being?  I'm happy to
point this out to them if you give me a name.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.