Linux World Canada Planning meeting

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 6 17:34:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Colin McGregor wrote:

> - Colin McGregor followed up on the booth and found out that:
>   - The booth will NOT come with power, getting power will cost over $100.

That is absurd.  At worst it would require running some cables that have
probably been run for the booth next door anyway.

>      consensus was we could not afford the power bill and that we would run
> with UPS and laptop PCs.
>   - No tables/chairs are provided, there is no problem bringing in our own.
>   - No internet connection will be available.

As far as I'm concerned Internet access and power should be a given.

>   - Our booth number will be #306 to see where we are relative to the rest
> of the show goto:
>
> http://www.linuxworldcanada.com/pdfs/floorplan_linuxworld-networkworld_v2.0.pdf
>     Consensus was that this was a ok position, and given what we paid this
> was good stuff.

They made the local LUG pay for a booth?

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.