CUPS PDF

David Colebatch david-nuEF980otx7IfpyC97YFaV6hYfS7NtTn at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 27 02:01:52 UTC 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 11:01, Gilles Fourchet wrote:
> It was indeed a directory and permission problem but not as Anton
> thought (I did the installation as root and cups is also running as
> root).  Actually, you have to create manually a folder /nonexistent
> folder along with a /nonexistent/cups-pdf folder.

I'm pretty sure that's a configuration issue.  It's like when you see
"your.domain.here" in some configs. ...you don't have to register
"domain.here" to use that app do you ;)

I wouldn't personally be creating another directory off / just for the sake of
this.  (yes, I use djbdns...) As suggested, /var/tmp, or maybe some network
share so other users can use your "printer" would be better.

> I then got another
> error ([ERROR] failed to set file mode for PDF file
> (/nonexistent/cups-pdf/PDF_on_server_-_CUPS_v1_1_21rc1.pdf)).  To solve
> it, it put 777 as the permissions on both folders.  It works now like a
> charm.

Yeah, it would.

Regards,

David