CUPS PDF

Gilles Fourchet gilles.fourchet-zzOxFVvAfJPQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 25 01:01:16 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Sorry to ahve been so long.  I have solved my problem and thought the
solution could be useful to some of you.

First of you, thanks to Anton for his input.

It was indeed a directory and permission problem but not as Anton
thought (I did the installation as root and cups is also running as
root).  Actually, you have to create manually a folder /nonexistent
folder along with a /nonexistent/cups-pdf folder.  I then got another
error ([ERROR] failed to set file mode for PDF file
(/nonexistent/cups-pdf/PDF_on_server_-_CUPS_v1_1_21rc1.pdf)).  To solve
it, it put 777 as the permissions on both folders.  It works now like a
charm.

Gilles